Mesa View Regional Hospital Earns 2012 HealthInsight Quality Award for Excellence in Patient Care
Only Nevada hospital to earn recognition 4 years in a row
Mesa View Regional Hospital has been presented with the 2012 HealthInsight Quality Award for demonstrating high quality health care and excellence in performance on publicly reported quality of care and patients' perception of care measures. Mesa View is the only hospital in Nevada to receive this recognition 4 years in a row, and was ranked the highest among all reporting hospitals in the entire state.
"The employees and medical staff at Mesa View Regional Hospital are dedicated to providing the very best in patient care and our efforts have been enhanced through our quality improvement collaborations with HealthInsight. We are proud to be a recipient of this distinguished award," said Patty Holden, CEO.
"I have personally witnessed the staff at Mesa View maintain a consistent focus on quality and patient satisfaction which is evidenced by the hospital receiving this recognition 4 years in succession. Our community can be very proud of this distinction, not only from the state perspective, but nationally as well." commented Lonnie Empey, D.O., Chief of Staff for Mesa View Regional Hospital.
The HealthInsight Quality Award acknowledges hospitals that achieve high levels of performance on the care related to the publicly reported quality measures for:
- Heart Attack
- Fibrinolytic medication within 30 minutes of arrival
- Statin prescribed at discharge
- Percutaneous coronary intervention (PCI) within 90 minutes of arrival
- Heart Failure
- Assessment of left ventricular function
- ACE inhibitor for left ventricular systolic dysfunction
- Discharge instructions
- Initial antibiotic timing
- Appropriate antibiotic for immunocompromised patients
- Blood culture before first dose of antibiotics
- Pneumococcal vaccination
- Influenza vaccination (seasonal)
- Surgical Infection Prevention
- Preventative antibiotic(s) one hour before incision
- Appropriate preventative antibiotic(s)
- Preventative antibiotic(s) stopped within 24 hours after surgery
- Cardiac surgery patients with controlled blood glucose post surgery
- Patients on a Beta Blocker prior to arrival who received a Beta Blocker during the perioperative period
- Surgery patients whose urinary catheters were removed on the first or second day after surgery
- Treatment to prevent blood clots within 24 hours before or after selected surgeries
- Doctor ordered treatments to prevent blood clots for certain types of surgeries
The clinical topics measured for the awards have been designated as national healthcare priorities by the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
In addition to publicly reported quality of care measures, hospitals that qualified for the HealthInsight Quality Award performed well on the Hospital Consumer Assessment of Healthcare Providers and Systems (HCAHPS) measures. HCAHPS is a national survey that asks patients about their experiences during a recent hospital stay.
"HealthInsight commends Mesa View Regional Hospital for its commitment to excellence in improving patient care," said Marc Bennett, President and CEO of HealthInsight.
Only three other Nevada hospitals were selected for the HealthInsight Quality Award this year:
- MountainView Hospital – Las Vegas, Nevada
- Renown South Meadows Medical Center – Reno, Nevada
- St. Rose Dominican Hospitals – Siena Campus – Henderson, Nevada